Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 30--Reality hits

Our floor guy FINALLY called Sunday night after 9 to confirm that yes, he would be there Monday. That's when reality hit--hard.

The first thing he'll do is tape off the kitchen and the butler's pantry. Ken is gone to a family reunion with Katie so I had to call my neighbors for help moving the table. Then I took a long look at every thing that will be "behind the curtain."

To get to my fridge and laundry I'll go out my front door and in through the garage. Sure hope it doesn't rain tonight like they're forecasting.

Also no more sink to wash dishes in. Oh, and all the dishes are in the area we're taping off. We have more, but they're in the basement and that's taped off too.

I quickly moved the essentials--the coffeepot and microwave. And now I realize that I forgot the coffee grinder. Hmm... no coffee for a week? NO WAY!!! I'll be stopping by the store tonight for some ground coffee.

There is good news though. I finally have an excuse to not cook for a week! :-)

No comments: