Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A few of my favorite things


Thanks to a friend mentioning the Sound of Music last week, "A Few of My Favorite Things" has been floating through my head. So, here's a few of my favorite cabinet things...


There will be 2 display cabinets, one on each side of the window. With an interior light, glass shelves and glass doors, they will be a fun place to keep a couple of pretty things.


Even though Ken is too tall for his own good, he hates using those long arms down low and somehow actually having to crawl into the cabinet to get to the far corner is just creepy to me, so we usually don't use the corner cabinets too much. With this lazy susan we'll get great storage!






These shelves are actually drawers. So no more crawling on the floor to get to the back. The down side is that I guess I'll actually have to learn to stack my pots and pans. In my old cabinets I stacked them and shut the door really quick. If I leaned against the door they would stop shifting in a minute...and even stay in the cabinet!



Last, but far from least, is the trash can cabinet. No more canned goods falling into the trash or the can sitting out looking just beautiful. The second can is perfect for recyclables too. I had the huge recycle bin in the kitchen so now I'll have the best of both worlds. (Sorry, that's Hannah Montana--wrong musical reference!)

No comments: